We’re coming into Christmas season and there’s no doubt you are about to have a stampede of family members coming to visit and potentially stay for a few days. Today we’re going to cover a few cleaning tips and help your place all spruced up and tidy for the holiday season.
- Cleaning your fridge. You’re going to be amazed at how much dirt and grime you’ll get off making it look brand new. Make a mixture of salt and soda water and go to town. The acidity of the soda water in conjunction with the abrasiveness of the salt will take care of it all.
- Lime build up can often be a pain to get rid of. The trick is to lay some paper towel over the affected areas; faucets, tap handles, etc and soak it with vinegar. Leave it for about an hour and you will find that it will all come off incredibly easy with just a once over scrub and rinse.
- Clean your windows with a microfiber cloth some soapy water and dry them off to prevent streaking.
- If your curtains are starting to look a bit drab consider running them in the dryer with a wet towel on an air cycle for about 10 minutes. The wet towel will draw all the dust and lint off. Be sure to hang them back up straight away to prevent creases and let it dry properly.
- Fan blades are often overlooked and you would be surprised how much can build up on them over time. A simple once over with a rag to get rid of the dust followed by a little furniture polish will bring new life into them.
Once all the cleaning is done you can put your feet up and relax, you’ve earned it. Spending a little time on getting into the areas that don’t get cleaned as often always makes the place seem more homely to me and I think you’ll find that your guests will notice the difference.