About this policy
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to carry out functions or activities under the Australian Information Commissioner Act 2010 (AIC Act), the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act).
Examples of personal information we collect include;
- Email Addresses
- Phone Numbers
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. Subscription to our Mailing Lists/Digital Marketing is by opt in only; and consent can be gained via interactions such as:
- Face to Face conversation
- Phone call
- Email interaction
You may unsubscribe from any of our marketing services at any time, either by using the Unsubscribe link in the footer of our marketing emails or by notifying us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When collecting personal information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion regarding an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which is was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly linked to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where is authorised or required by law
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- Where required or authorised by law
The Google Analytics features we have implemented tracks a number of metrics including:
- Number of users and sessions
- Session duration
- Device Operating Systems
- Device Models
- Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network Ads.
- We also encourage you to view Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss. We have taken necessary precautions to mitigate unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer required for the purpose in for which is was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
At any time you can get in contact with us in writing to have your Personal Information removed in compliance with Article 17 of the GDPR. Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which it was originally collected for
- There is no legitimate interests as our basis for processing, the individual objects to the processing of their data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing
- We are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and the individual objects to that processing
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important part of our services to you that your personal information is up to date. Under Australian Privacy Principles outlined in Privacy Act, it is necessary that we take reasonable measures to ensure the integrity and correction of Personal Information.
It is important that you advise us at the earliest opportunity of any changes to your Personal Information so that our records can be updated.
Last Updated Wednesday, 06 November 2019